Date(s) - Mar 19, 2014 - Mar 20, 2014
7:30 am - 7:30 pm
The Riverside Convention Center
We want to make sure that you know about the inaugural Grow Riverside: Citrus and Beyond! conference – http://growriverside.com, which will focus on the development of urban agriculture strategies and solutions that cities can use to reconnect with their agricultural roots and create economic opportunities that investors, citizens, growers, government officials and other major stakeholders can leverage to foster a robust and sustainable local food future. The event will be held at the Riverside Convention Center on March 19 – 20, 2014 in partnership with the City and Community of Riverside. (As an added bonus, AICP-credentialed planners can earn up to 13.75 AICP CM credits in just 2 days!)
PRESENTED in partnership with the City and Community of Riverside by SEEDSTOCK, a social venture that fosters the development of robust and sustainable local food systems through the use of a variety of tools, including the news and information blog seedstock.com, live events and consulting services.
The event will feature a broad lineup of speakers ranging from urban agriculture entrepreneurs, USDA representatives from the Farm Service Agency, Rural Development program and Natural Resources Conservation Service to investors, funding and policy experts, sustainable farmers and aquaponics practitioners and buyers and distributors of local produce; and will cover a variety of topics, including: Local Agriculture Grow Strategies, Urban Agriculture Policy, The Market Opportunity for Urban Agriculture, Innovative and Economically Viable Small-scale Agriculture Solutions and more!
TICKETS: Tickets are available here; use promo code: GrowRiversideFriend when purchasing full price tickets to receive an additional discount: http://growriverside.eventbrite.com
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
• Dr. Glenda Humiston – California State Director for U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development
• Leah Di Bernardo – Exec. Chef & Founder of E.A.T. Extraordinary Artisan Table and Partner, Cultivating Good, Inc.
• Colin and Karen Archipley – Archi’s Acres and Veterans for Sustainable Agriculture Training program (VSAT)
• Don Nishiguchi –
• Regional Local Produce Buyer, Southern Pacific Region for Whole Foods Market
• Martin Anenberg – So Cal Farm Network
• Curt Covington –
• Managing Director, Agribusiness Banking Division for Bank of the West
• Don Webber –
• Partner, Cultivating Good, Inc. and Owner of Harvest 2U
• Jenna Smith
– Executive Director of Central Coast Grown
• Pierre Sleiman – Founder of Go Green Agriculture
• Bob Knight – Founder of Inland Orange Conservancy and Old Grove Orange, Inc.
• Dan Allen – Farmscape
• Noah Fulmer – Farm Fresh Rhode Island
• Erika Block – Local Orbit
• Val Dolcini – State Executive Director of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Farm Service Agency (FSA)
• Paula Daniels – Founder of the Los Angeles Food Policy Council
• David Rosenstein – Founder of EVO Farm and Chair of the Aquaponics Association – Western Region
• Rickey Smith – Founder of Urban Green
• Dwight Detter – Local Forager for Whole Foods Market
• Gregg Warren – American AgCredit
• Rick Pruetz (FAICP) – Founder of Planning & Implementation Strategies
. . . And more!
For more information, please visit www.growriverside.com. Thank you!