Date(s) - Nov 10, 2016
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join OPR for the next webinar in The Healthy Planning Leadership Series- Healthy Food Systems
This event is sponsored by the California Chapter of the American Planning Association & the Health Officers Association of California
** CM | 1.0 and CME credit available**
This session will bring together Planning and Public Health Experts to highlight the opportunities within land use planning to simultaneously plan for Healthy Food Systems.
This is particularly important with SB1000, new legislation that requires local jurisdictions to address food access for disadvantaged communities.
Participate in engaging conversation with:
- Matt Raimi, the founder of Raimi & Associates and lecturer at UC Davis Extension and Planetizen
- Jessie Gouck,Lead Program and Policy Specialist with the Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Branch of the California Department of Public Health
- Keith Bergthold, Executive Director at Fresno Metro Ministry and previously City of Fresno’s Assistant Director of Planning
Learning Objectives for this session include:
- Explain how health and planning can work together to promote a healthy food system
- Use data to understand the needs of a community.
- Access braided funding sources to implement healthy food system work
- Integrate healthy food as a priority into planning polices, such as general plans, specific plans, zoning and local ordinances
- Emulate innovative programs to promote healthy food access