Environmental, Land Use, Parks Planning, Rural Planning, Transportation, Urban Design
City of Thousand Oaks
Job DescriptionThe position may be filled at either the Assistant Planner level ($37.1271 – $55.6907 per hour) or at the Associate Planner level ($44.2078 – $66.3119 per hour), based on candidate qualifications and experience. Position Highlights:
- Join a talented team in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Expect to work on a variety of challenging projects, including development and long-range planning
- Opportunities to expand your skills and grow within our organization
- Flexible work environment and schedules (9/80 schedule)
- Manage and process applications for advance planning, and development projects, including residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial, and institutional proposals
- Consult and advise property owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and the public regarding City policies, standards, and procedures
- Prepare written communications including staff reports and analytical reports
- Present information to City Council, Planning Commission, and other groups
Required Skills / Experience / EducationThe ideal candidate should possess: Knowledge of modern principles and practices of zoning and urban planning Ability to research, analyze, interpret, and present data Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, planning, and organizational skills Ability to work very effectively and collaboratively with people, internal and external customers, and stakeholders A passion for City planning with demonstrated experience A valid Class C California driver’s license Education and Experience: Assistant Planner: Possess a minimum of at least one year of responsible technical and/or professional planning experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning or a closely related field. -OR- Associate Planner: Possess at least two years of professional planning experience comparable to that of an Assistant Planner at the City of Thousand Oaks. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning or a closely related field. A Master’s degree in Planning, or a closely related field, is highly desirable Core Competencies: Effective Communicator Strategic Thinker Results Orientated Customer Focused Problem Solver and Decision Maker Planner and Organizer Technically Knowledgeable
US Citizenship Required?
Will security clearance be required?
Other BenefitsThe City of Thousand Oaks offers excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension Retirement Plan, 401(a), Retirement Health Savings Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Job Start Date
Primary Language Required
2100 E Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, California
Hiring Contact Name