Boutique land use planning firm looking to fill planning positions immediately in our downtown Ventura and/or Santa Barbara offices. The MID-to-SENIOR level Planner will:
- Provide planning/entitlement services for private individuals or corporations and/or government agencies.
- Attend meetings and public hearings as part of planning/entitlement and/or CEQA services as required to serve existing and potential projects.
- Coordinate and consult with federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Conduct field work necessary to complete high quality technical studies, CEQA documents, project proposals, and general land planning studies for specific projects as assigned.
- Prepare environmental assessments, technical studies, and land use planning documents for government clients or private individuals or corporations.
- Assist in company outreach/marketing and business development efforts in the southern/ central coast California region.
Position Title: LAND USE PLANNER
Position Level: MID-TO-SENIOR
Position Reports To: PRINICIPAL PLANNER
Bachelors degree in environmental studies, urban planning or a related discipline, with between 3 and 10+ years of experience in municipal planning, environmental impact assessment, land development/entitlements, and/or urban design. Strong development plan review, communication, critical thinking, writing, presentation skills, and an understanding of land use policy and zoning regulations are required. Experience with preparing CEQA documents is also preferred. AICP certification, experience in coastal development planning, and/or experience in architectural/design review is also preferred.
US Citizenship: yes
Security Clearance: no
Start Date: October 19, 2020
Position Type: Permanent
Name: TW LAND PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
Address: 1068 E. MAIN STREET, #225 VENTURA CA 93001
Job Reference Code: