APA California is a non-profit professional organization for planners. APA California operates for purely professional purposes, and any personal information provided by an individual to APA California is subject to these privacy policies. By using this Site or providing to us your personal information through email, you consent to the collection and use of personal information as stated in this policy.
Information that You Provide Voluntarily
APA California collects personally identifiable information including, but not limited to, first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, credit/debit card numbers, or other identifiers that permit the physical or online contacting of an individual, only if specifically and knowingly provided by you. You do not have to give APA California personal information to visit the Site.
The personally identifiable information you provide through the Site may be used to:
- Respond to your email inquiry.
- Provide the services or products you request.
- Deliver the services or products you purchase or order on the Site.
- Forward your email inquiry to the appropriate person or entity for response or assistance.
- Notify you of issues or information in subject areas or matters you have expressed interest in or concern about.
Email Address Sharing with Conference Sponsors During Conference
APA California may share your email address with APA California conference sponsors that may send information to attendees regarding conference matters only (e.g., booth information or hosted receptions). However, you can opt out of the email sharing with conference sponsors by checking a box in the Conference Registration Form under “APA Member Verification”.
Information Shared with Other Third Parties
In order to further its mission, APA California may share personally identifiable information you provide through the Site with APA California vendors administering programs that benefit planners or with national organizations that represent local government interests. These third parties will not use the personally identifiable information that APA California shares with them for direct marketing purposes.
- The information you provide may also be collected for APA California’s statistical purposes, including to perform analyses of user behavior to measure customer interest in the various areas of, or pages on, the Site. APA California does not include personally identifiable information in disclosing any consumer information in aggregate form for analysis.
- If APA California is merely responding to your electronic inquiry, the personally identifiable information you provided for APA California to do so will not be maintained.
- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the Site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits. We use this information to learn about the number of visitors accessing different sections of or pages on the Site, what information is of greatest interest, and technical information that will enhance your ease of use, such as system performance, problem areas, and the types of technology our visitors use. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the Site.
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the Site.
- The date and time you access the Site.
- The pages you visit on the Site.
- If you linked to the Site from another website, the Internet address of that website.
Your Rights to the Data Collected
At any time, you may withdraw your consent and ask to have your personal information removed by contacting us at the address or email below.
If for any reason you wish to request confirmation that your personally identifying information has not been shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, if you have questions or concerns, or if you wish to access or modify your personal information provided through the Site, contact APA California at [email protected].
Electronic Mail Precautions
Remember that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive or includes information such as your bank account number(s), credit card number(s), or social security number, you should send it by mail unless the Site indicates that a particular website is secured.
Electronic Commerce Precautions
Some of our Site pages allow you to purchase products or services, or to request information electronically. That information will be maintained and protected in accordance with the Privacy Act, 5 U.S.C. 552a, which means that it will be secured in transit to us and secured once received. APA California will not share this information with third parties other than necessary to fulfill your order or request; comply with the law or legal process served on APA California or the Site; protect and defend the rights, interests, or property of APA California, including its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, affiliates, marketing partners, consultants, or third parties; or to protect the personal safety of APA California members or members of the public.
From time to time, APA California may conduct online surveys that ask you for demographic data. APA California or its agents may also contact you by telephone with the option to participate in other member research studies.
Participation in any survey or other consumer research is always voluntary. APA California aggregates the responses received before using the information, to improve the information, products and services APA California offers. APA California does not link your individual responses to your personal information at any time.
Protecting Your Information
APA California takes reasonable steps to secure your privacy. We have incorporated procedural, administrative, and electronic protections to safeguard your personal information. Please be aware that although we have implemented these protections, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
APA California does not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that a child has provided us with their personal information without the consent of the parent, that information will be deleted.
We occasionally send mail and e-mail communications to our members to let them know about new programs, webinars, products, and special offers. If you wish to discontinue receiving such communications, you may unsubscribe from receiving them at any time. To unsubscribe, simply find the appropriate link on the Site homepage or the applicable email communication or contact APA California for assistance at [email protected].
Modifications or Changes to this Policy