DAHLIN is a diverse architecture and planning firm practice of 160+ multi-cultural professionals with offices in California and Washington. We offer more than 40 years of experience building communities where we live and work, driven by the vision of creating places that promote human fulfillment and well-being. This same Passion for Place® starts with our own working environment—a positive community where people thrive. Please visit our website (www.dahlingroup.com) to learn more.
We are currently seeking an experienced PLANNER in our IRVINE, CA office. This individual is responsible for directing, coordinating and administering several projects through all phases of development entitlement process including urban design, site planning and other planning studies. They will work directly with the client and/or jurisdictions, consultants, and other team members to deliver complete, coordinated, and consistent documents on time and within budget. They will also guide and direct other planning staff.
Position Title: Architectural Senior Planner
Position Level: Senior
Position Reports To:
- Function as the main point of contact with the client and city agencies.
- Conduct complex planning and land use studies and performs other land use/environmental tasks.
- Prepare and assist in creation of policy documents such as Specific Plans, Development Plans, Design Guidelines, etc.
- Conduct or assist with community outreach meetings and establish regular client meetings
- Review projects for conformance with applicable zoning codes.
- Oversee production of planning documents and graphic packages for entire project(s).
- Review documents, exhibits, and other deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and coordination.
- Provide oversight and monitor the work of less experienced technical staff, ensuring staff is effectively and efficiently utilizing time.
- Direct, lead, and mentor staff to ensure professional development.
- Participate in writing proposals; manage the contract and understand client/contract requirements, including deliverables.
- Create and monitor project schedules; review project billings and update projections regularly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and collaborative skills
- Self-confident; tenacious while maintaining positive working relationships with clients, outside consultants, and technical staff
- Able to effectively and positively provide direction and lead architectural / planning staff
- Strong skills and talent in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp modeling, Adobe Photoshop, and preparation of presentation materials
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, & CERTIFICATION:
- Graduate of a NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year planning/architecture school
- 8+ years' experience in Architectural Planning and/or Urban Design preferred
- AICP certification preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without visa sponsorship
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer the opportunity to participate in a pre-tax Flexible Spending plans for medical, childcare, and commuter expenses, Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and 401k.
Including a link to an online portfolio is a huge plus! Real people review every application, so we regret that due to the large volume of inquiries, we are unable to accept phone calls regarding the status of applications. We'll be sure to contact you if we need more information. Apply now!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to welcoming and supporting a diverse community of professionals. As such, women and people of color are especially encouraged to apply. Our firm participates in E-Verify.
We do not accept resumes from recruiters, placement agencies, or other staffing vendors who have not signed an agreement with us. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral fees.
US Citizenship: yes
Security Clearance: no
Start Date: May 4, 2022
Position Type: Full Time
Name: DAHLIN GROUP
Contact: Reggie Kittel
Job Reference Code: